Excited to announce a stringband tour through California in June.
6.10 Jacumba. The Bath House. 8pm. Facebook Event
6.11 Santa Monica. McCabe’s Guitar with Zac Sokolow. 8pm. Tickets.
6.13 San Luis Obispo. The Milking Parlor at the historic Octagon Barn Center. 7pm. Tickets
6.14 Locke. The Pearl. 8pm. Facebook Event
6.15-16 Grass Valley. California Bluegrass Society’s Father’s Day Festival. Tickets
6.18 Bishop. Mill Creek Station. 7:30pm. Facebook Event
Heading out (mid)west this May!
Midwestern Solo Tour
5.6 Fayetteville WV. Private Event
5.11 Ghent KY. House Concert with John Harrod & Tona Barkley. 6:30pm FB Event and Address
5.12 Frankfort KY. Ama on the Creek with the Possum Queens. 7pm. Tickets
5.18 Urbana IL. Rose Bowl Tavern
5.20 St Louis MO. The Focal Point with Ethan Leinwand and Nick Pence. 8pm Tickets
I’ve two new video lessons out on Stefan Grossman’s Guitar Workshop. Each covers three original arrangements of fiddle blues, piano rags, and early jazz compositions. Check out the links below for video previews and to purchase.
Arranging Fiddle Blues & Jazz Piano for Guitar
- Drunken Man’s Dream – a crooked fiddle blues from Kentucky fiddle legend Doc Roberts
- Cumberland Blues – a Doc Roberts fiddle melody that bridges the gap between old time and ragtime sounds.
- Kansas City Stomp – A Jelly Roll Morton piano composition.
Arranging Ragtime and Jazz Piano for Guitar
- Mr. Jelly Lord – a braggadocious composition from New Orleans’ Jelly Roll Morton.
- Blame It On The Blues – Charles Cooke’s awesome, albeit not-very-bluesy, 1914 ragtime piano composition.
- Sunflower Slow Drag – Scott Joplin’s underrated, sublimely beautiful composition is worth the considerable challenge for your fretting and picking hands.
I’m going coast-to-coast this year! Real happy to join this lineup. More info and tickets available here.