I’ve two new video lessons out on Stefan Grossman’s Guitar Workshop. Each covers three original arrangements of fiddle blues, piano rags, and early jazz compositions. Check out the links below for video previews and to purchase.
Arranging Fiddle Blues & Jazz Piano for Guitar
Arranging Ragtime and Jazz Piano for Guitar
- Drunken Man’s Dream – a crooked fiddle blues from Kentucky fiddle legend Doc Roberts
- Cumberland Blues – a Doc Roberts fiddle melody that bridges the gap between old time and ragtime sounds.
- Kansas City Stomp – A Jelly Roll Morton piano composition.
- Mr. Jelly Lord – a braggadocious composition from New Orleans’ Jelly Roll Morton.
- Blame It On The Blues – Charles Cooke’s awesome, albeit not-very-bluesy, 1914 ragtime piano composition.
- Sunflower Slow Drag – Scott Joplin’s underrated, sublimely beautiful composition is worth the considerable challenge for your fretting and picking hands.